The Sumo Pulse Squat is a great exercise choice to stretch the hips and pelvis, while getting a great glute burn.
1. Utilize a wide “Sumo” stance with the toes pointed outward.
2. Be sure to keep your knees tracking at the same angle and in the same direction as your toes. It often helps to think about squeezing out from your hips and pushing thru the mid/outsides of your feet.
3. Reach for a depth that allows you to feel the stretch thru your hips and pelvis.
4. Focus on maintaining a tall back with shoulders pulled back throughout the movement.
5. Extend or straighten until you are about 2/3 of the way to the top or full extension.
6. Utilize a pulsing tempo from top to bottom to maintain tension.
7. Add weight as needed, as long as you are able to maintain strong technique.
We often perform the Sumo Pulse Squat during Interval Strength Training in multiple sets of 45-60 seconds per set.
Thanks for watching! Please consider subscribing to my channel: https://m.youtube.com/matthartsky
Work With Me:
In Laramie, Wyoming: http://Transform307.com