LAY HO MA everyone! I was in Japan recently and as soon as I returned to Canada, I made this easy but delicious shio vegan ramen. Join me in this episode and learn how to make your very own homemade vegan ramen. Let’s begin.
1 clove garlic
1 small piece ginger
2 sticks green onion
drizzle of olive oil
1 handful sliced dried shiitake mushrooms
2 cups water
1 portion noodles
1/4 + generous pinch pink salt
1 tsp sake
1 tsp rice vinegar
1/2 tbsp sesame oil
1/2 tbsp white sesame seeds
1 tbsp shredded nori
1. Finely chop the garlic, shallot, and 1 stick green onion. Grate the ginger
2. Bring a pot of water to boil for the noodles
3. Heat up another saucepan on medium heat and drizzle with olive oil
4. Sauté the garlic, green onion, shallot, and ginger for 2 min
5. Add a handful of sliced dried shiitake mushrooms, kombu, and the 2 cups water
6. Add a generous pinch of salt, cover, and cook for 5-8min
7. Cook the noodles in the boiling water as per package directions. Loosen the noodles occasionally with chopsticks
8. In the serving bowl, add 1/4 tsp salt, 1 tsp sake, 1 tsp rice vinegar, 1/2 tbsp sesame oil, 1/2 tbsp white sesame seeds
9. Remove the kombu from the stock
10. Pour the stock into the serving bowl. Drain out the water from the cooked noodles and place in serving bowl
11. Chop the remaining green onion and and to your ramen along with shredded nori
If you enjoyed this episode and would love to see more, remember to like, comment, and subscribe so that you won’t miss a single episode!
Wil Yeung is a wedding and commercial photographer and videographer. He is also the advertorial photographer for insauga.com, contract photographer for the city of Mississauga, and the official Japan Festival Canada photographer. Join me on my channel for episodes on photography, entrepreneur motivation, and to learn to cook with absolute confidence!
Follow me on social media!
Vegan Recipes Instagram: @mr_wilyeung
Vegan Recipes Facebook: fb.me/mrwilyeung
MY FAVOURITE KITCHEN TOOLS HERE:
ORDER YOUR VEGAN RAMEN COOKBOOK HERE:
You are watching:
Pledge on Kickstarter now!