Support us on Patreon https://www.patreon.com/tabieats
Need Japanese ingredients for your next dish? Want to know what products we use on our videos? Click on this link to check out our shop on Amazon!
New videos every Tuesday, Thursday & Saturday. Weekly livestream every Sunday at 1PM Japan Time. We make a variety of food-related videos including recipes, travel and food/restaurant reviews. We mix it up sometimes with videos on convenience stores, kitchen gadget reviews and more fun stuff so consider subscribing and press that bell icon to be notified of new releases.
Instagram : http://instagram.com/smine27?ref=badge
Twitter : https://twitter.com/smine27
Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/Tabieats
Makes 1 Ramen Burger
1 pack instant ramen
1 hamburger patty
1 teaspoon cornstarch
Water to boil plus 3 tablespoons water for sauce
You will also need two round molds about the size of a hamburger bun ( cookie cutters, pancake molds ). However you can make them out of aluminum foil like we did.
1. Boil the ramen for 1 minute shorter than usual. Drain and set aside in a small bowl.
2. Whisk egg well and add to the ramen. Mix to coat the noodles.
3. Mix 1/4 of the soup packet into the noodle mixture.
4. Add some oil to a frying pan and place round molds on. Divide noodles into two, adding them into the molds. Cook for 3 minutes on each side over medium heat or until golden brown and slightly crispy on both sides. Once they are done, set on plate.
5. Cook the hamburger patty until done and set aside.
6. In a saucepan, bring 3 tablespoons water to boil and add half of the remaining soup packet. Mix, turn off heat and set aside.
7. Make a slurry with the cornstarch and some water, mixing well until dissolved. Add slowly into the soup mixture, heating over low heat until thickened.
8. Time to make the burger. On one ramen bun, place the cooked burger on, followed by any add-ins you desire ( lettuce, tomato, etc ). Pour the sauce over everything. Add the second ramen bun to the top.
9. Pick up and devour with your favorite beverage. Make sure to have lots of paper towels on the side. It can get messy!